Friends´ Association GEWISA
Friends and Supporters of the Health Sciences in Augsburg e. V. (e. V. = german: eingetragener Verein; english: registered association)
The registered and non-commercial association considers itself as the contact platform for friends and sponsors of the UNIKA-T. The aim of the association is to provide ressources in order to promote the UNIKA-T research activities and its public presence.
Aims of the association
Our association supports the University Center for Health Sciences at the Klinikum Augsburg – UNIKA-T (German: Universitäres Zentrum für Gesundheitswissenschaften am Klinikum Augsburg). The UNIKA-T is a research collaboration which is operated jointly by the Universitätsklinikum Augsburg, the University of Augsburg, the Technical University of Munich, and the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München. The collaborating universities conduct research in the fields of Health Care Operations/Health Information Management, Environmental Medicine, and Epidemiology within the scope of a coherent program.
The UNIKA-T makes a substantial contribution towards the establishment of health sciences in Augsburg and functions as a nucleus for the emerging university hospital. On the one hand, this is of direct benefit for the local and regional population because of an improved health care. Thus, for example, an innovative, fully automatic pollen monitor is run in Augsburg within the scope of an interdisciplinary project. This monitor allows real-time measurement of pollen flight. Thereby, considerably improved preventive and therapeutic measures can be taken in allergic patients. On the other hand, the significance of Augsburg and the region Bavarian-Swabia will be enhanced as a scientific and commercial location.
Association activities are for example:
• supporting projects in the field of health sciences
• maintaining and extending of national and international scientific contacts and relations
• support of the UNIKA-T in matters of public relations
• establishing and maintaining a network for UNIKA-T-Alumni
• support of the UNIKA-T with the implementation of scientific events such as workshops and the UNIKA-T lecture series
What we offer to you
As a member of the friends’ association you can/will:
• make contributions in line with your own ideas and proposals
• support exciting projects
• participate in scientific events
• establish numerous contacts or maintain existing contacts
• be informed about the current activities at the UNIKA-T
First Director: Professor Claudia Traidl-Hoffmann
Second Director: Professor Jens O Brunner
Secretary: Dr. Matthias Reiger
Cashier: Dr. Clemens Heuson
Find the following documents and information as downloads here:
• flyer with an overview of all the basic information about GEWISA e. V. (download coming soon)
• non-binding translation of the association´s statute
• form “confirmation of membership” (please open the form in your Acrobat Reader in order to fill it in electronically) (download coming soon)
• form “declaration of donation” (please open the form in your Acrobat Reader in order to fill it in electronically) (download coming soon)
An association lives by its members!
Support us actively either by membership or by donation - You have the choice:
Become a member by sending us the completed confirmation of membership (see “Downloads”) via fax (+49 821 598 6422), e-mail (email@example.com), or post (address: UNIKA-T, Neusässer Straße 47, 86156 Augsburg, Germany)
As an alternative we kindly welcome a single or regular donation - easily transferred via direct debiting, by sending us the completed declaration of donation (see “Downloads”) via fax (+49 821 598 6422), e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or post (UNIKA-T, Neusässer Straße 47, 86156 Augsburg, Germany), or by money transfer to our association´s account at the Stadtsparkasse Augsburg:
IBAN: DE 84 7205 0000 0251 3296 52
Our association “Friends and Supporters of the Health Sciences in Augsburg e. V.” was registered by the number “VR 201794” at the register of associations in Augsburg on February 4, 2016. By letter of confirmation, dated July 7, 2016, the society has been assigned the status of a non-profit corporation according to § 5 KStG (KStG = German: Körperschaftssteuergesetz; english: corporation tax law) (tax number: 103/108/51294), tax department Augsburg-city (german: Finanzamt Augsburg-Stadt) Thus membership fees and donations are tax-deductible. You will be issued a receipt of financial contribution from us immediately following the receival of money.
Friends and Supporters of the Health Sciences in Augsburg e. V.
Neusässer Straße 47
Phone: +49 821 598 6417
Fax: +49 821 598 6422